Wednesday, March 15, 2006

I didn't even know we had a belfry

We have bats living in our house. Technically, they're not quite in the house -- they're in a vent area outside the attic (but not IN the attic, which is important. We do not want all our Christmas decorations to be coated with bat guano.) For now, we're taking a live and let live approach to the bats, as long as they follow the house rules.

Dear Bats,

1. Do not get rabies.

2. Eat lots of mosquitos.

Sincerely,

The People

4 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

Bats are pretty cool, I think. And yes, they should help with the bugs. Can you make sure all your stuff in the attic is in sealed containers? We keep all out stuff in the big rubbermaid bins.

10:52 AM  
Blogger Melanie said...

Yep, we've got most of the stuff in plastic tubs, except for some odd-sized things that won't fit.

And Scott, I don't even want to know how you happen to know that fun fact about bat guano!

(One of my favorite lines from Dr. Strangelove: "Colonel Batguano, if that is your real name...")

10:24 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

Actually, from what I've seen (in caves), Scott's not entirely wrong.

Still gross, though.

11:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bugs is good mmmmmm pleez let us stay


the bats

7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home