Sunday, June 24, 2007

Boil It, and They Will Come

Yesterday we went to the LSU Alumni association crawfish boil out in Cary. They held it at a lake, and there was enough shade so that it was pleasant to be outside despite the heat. And they even had a basset hound named Boudreaux there.

And the food was great. (I find whole crawfish a little disgusting, so my sweet husband was willing to peel them for me.) The guy who cooked the crawfish is opening his own Cajun restaurant sometime in the fall. (If it's good food, it might be worth making the occasional trek out that way!)

Mike was hoping to meet some people from our area to watch the games with -- that didn't really happen, but it was a fun afternoon, and we met some interesting people. I got some suspicious looks when people found out that I was from Florida, but I resisted the temptation to do a Gator chomp.

They had a raffle, too, but alas, we didn't win the autographed photo of JaMarcus Russell.

After the crawfish boil, we went over to our friends Mark and Jennifer's house for dinner, and met some of their other friends -- and had some of Mark's very tasty mojitos. All in all, a fun way to spend a Saturday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home