Trial by Fire
It's nerve-wracking enough to meet your new boyfriend's parents. (No, I don't have a new boyfriend. Nor does Mike. I' m talking about my brother's new girlfriend.) Then, add in meeting his sisters, their husbands, and the seven dogs, all at once.
And then on top of that, go to dinner with the assembled group AND your boyfriend's soon-to-be-ex in-laws.
Yep, it just gets stranger and stranger around here. :)
Seriously, though, it all went fine and we really enjoyed meeting her. (In case you hadn't guessed, we're all in Florida at Mom and Dad's place.) I'll just say that she's from Wisconsin. (Alternate blog post title: "you had us at 'Wisconsin'.") My grad school roommate was from Wisconsin, and one of Mike's roommates was also from Wisconsin, and call us biased, but we think that Wisconsinites are about the finest people you could hope to meet. Kind, down to earth, thoughtful, enthusiastic about cheese. I'm sure that Wisconsin has produced dumb and obnoxious folks, but we haven't met them.

2 Comments:
So you haven't met my girlfriend?
(I'll take "Blogs I know Amy doesn't read" for $200, Alex.)
You'd better hope you're right about that, or you'll be (as my grandma used to say) cruisin' for a bruisin'.
Post a Comment
<< Home