Flunked
When I had my blood drawn, I asked when I would hear about the results, and the technician said that it was usually the same day, and that if I failed the test they'd call to schedule the three-hour version. The three-hour version involves fasting and multiple blood draws; no fun at all.
So, that day went by, and the next, and so I assumed that no news was good news! Woo-hoo! Gimme some dessert!
But no. It turns out in this case, no news was actually "oops, we forgot to call you." My levels were over the cutoff ("by a little" the nurse said), so I have to go in for the longer version. I'm not looking forward to it, but I'm trying not to worry about it too much since lots of people fail the one hour and pass the three hour (or so the Internet tells me). Wish me luck -- given my deep and abiding love of carbohydrates, I will be very sad if I flunk again! (Also, the part where people who have GD have a higher chance of developing actual diabetes in the future wouldn't be so great either.) In the meantime, I'm trying to cut down on the sweets -- lucky for me, Girl Scout cookie season seems to be over.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home