Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I Blame Bob

As long as I've been registered to vote, I've been a Democrat, and no matter how you measure it, I probably end up on at least the moderately liberal end of the political ideology scale. So you can imagine my surprise when the past week or so I've been receiving letters addressed to "Dear Fellow Conservative!" And this isn't just the run of the mill Republican party stuff, these appear to be from some of the far right groups or individuals. When the first one arrived, I thought it was just some kind of crazy mistake, but now that three or four different ones have shown up in the mailbox, I'm pretty sure that someone sold their mailing list (and I'm betting it wasn't the Environmental Defense fund).

My best guess is that it was Bob Barr, the Libertarian candidate for President. I bought some Barr '08 stuff for reasons that should be obvious (but that didn't have anything to do with supporting his candidacy!)

So now some poor schlubs have much the wrong idea about my politics -- but if they want to waste their money mailing appeals to me, they can go right ahead. (If it gets annoying, I'll just start sending back their postage paid envelopes empty or stuffed with junk mail; they've gotten smart and pre-printed them with my name on them, so I suspect this will quickly lead to my removal from the list.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home