
I
voted early last week. (As exciting as it will be on primary day, it's hard to resist the early voting when it's only two buildings away from where I work!) I wasn't the only one -- I was voter 2175 for my polling place.
I'd decided on my presidential choice a while back, but there were a bunch of local races as well, and it was remarkably difficult to find information about them, even with Google on my side! I postponed voting a day or two until some of the newspaper endorsements came out, so that I could actually learn something about these judges and other state offices.

I have to give Obama credit -- he definitely has his voter turnout operation going strong. They've called me twice already (not counting the automated call from Michelle Obama), and someone came to the door this weekend as well. And frankly, one of the reasons that he's getting my vote is because one of Hillary's senior staffers made the comment that the Democrats weren't going to win North Carolina. That may well be true, but it will certainly be true if they don't seriously contest it -- and I don't think that needs to be a self-fulfilling prophecy.
Obama is speaking here tonight. We considered going -- I'm sure it was an exciting event -- but at this point in the semester I wasn't up for all the sitting in traffic before and afterwards.
1 Comments:
Yay! You may now be taught the secret handshake for the "white women voting for Obama" club.
Post a Comment
<< Home