Monday, December 10, 2007

Trading Up

We had a chance to check out the new Trader Joe's in town this weekend. (Apparently we weren't the only ones. The quote in the newspaper was, "You'd think people had never seen food before." Business was booming!)

In case you're not familiar with it, Trader Joe's is a specialty grocery store; their claim to fame is well-priced natural foods (and cheap wine). In California the wine is "two buck Chuck", but I guess there's transit markup, because we have "two buck ninety-nine Chuck".

It's a fun store; they have a sense of humor about their products, plus a lot of great frozen dishes. (The one below is for the science geeks.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

Nice. But shouldn't that guac be served inside a mole? (Yuk, I know.)

I wish we had TJ's, but no such luck.

11:24 PM  
Blogger Niki said...

I heart Trader Joe's. You gotta find the cat cookies - they are chocolate wafers shaped like cats and are crazy yummy. PLUS aserving is like 15 of them and has a really tiny amount of fat. A tub of them is like $3.

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home