Happy to be Superfluous
Election Day here was rainy and cool (one more reason to be grateful for early voting!). I went over to the local Obama office in the afternoon to see if they needed help. And although they happily welcomed in volunteers, it was clear that they had everything covered. All of Chapel Hill had been canvassed, everyone who needed a ride to the polls had one, and they were done with their calling lists and waiting for more. (And one woman that I spoke to mentioned that some of the people she had called said that they had already been phoned more than once -- but the philosophy was that it's better to annoy people a little bit than have them not vote.)
So I hung around for a while to see if new call lists came in, but they didn't, so I left. It was fun to get a glimpse of the inside workings, great to see all the enthusiasm, and heartwarming to know that Chapel Hill was doing all it could to turn North Carolina blue.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home