
We had a great day yesterday at the
Brown County Fair ("Summer Days, Country Ways"). We didn't go on any of the rides, but I did appreciate the warning signs.
This first one cautioned that "exceptionally large" people may not be able to ride the Spider. (As the crowd included a number of folks not notable for their slenderness, I wonder if anyone was turned away!)

This next sign appeared on the Yo-Yo, a set of swings that lift up and spin in a circle (one of the tamer ride options). You'll probably have to click on this to enlarge it if you want to read it in its glorious entirety, but among the requirements are, and I quote, "the ability to independently maintain seated postural control under the dynamic conditions of the ride" and "normal center of gravity of the human body." I'm sure those instructions made perfect sense to the eight-year-olds who were hopping on to the Yo-Yo.

Here we learn that you should not go in the Wild West funhouse if you have "recent surgery", "back, neck , or bone injury", and my personal favorite, "drug or alcohol problem."


And finally, life on the farm is rough if you're a stick person.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home